Christchurch has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a healthy, thriving, climate-smart city. Our city is still undergoing rapid changes as the rebuild continues, and decisions about transport and urban planning policy - two key areas where we can reduce our emissions - are being made on a regular basis.
Luckily for you, we’ve surveyed all candidates on a range of climate-related issues so you don’t have to!
Even better, after 5 years of centrally appointed governance, you can now vote for part of Canterbury’s Regional Council - Environment Canterbury - who are also included in our scorecards.
What we asked candidates about:
- Do they have policies that will lead to a climate-smart Christchurch?
- How well informed are they around climate issues?
- Are they passionate about climate issues?
- Do they have ideas about how we can implement a climate smart city in the future?
Our scoring guidelines:
- E Clearly opposes our vision for a climate-smart city without providing reasonable justification
- D Doesn't show adequate knowledge or enthusiasm for climate-smart policies
- C Shows reasonable knowledge of climate-smart policies
- B Shows good knowledge of climate-smart policies and likely to support these
- A Shows genuine commitment and initiative, and is likely to champion climate-smart policies on thier own
- A+ Outstanding. In-depth knowledge of climate change, shows genuine commitment and initiative and will be a champion for climate-smart policies
Click here for more information on how to vote in Christchurch, or click here to find your ward